Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
2 members (noileg, NormK), 306 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Apprentice level 2
G'day Darryl , looking forward to the finished pics , soon ?????

Membership information
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi Al, mate still waiting for Ty to come with the bits I need to finish it....He hasn't been well lately and we wish him well for a speedy recovery.
I didn't realise is has been 9 months since I put it together. I will post pics as soon as it is complete, mate.
Best wishes Al, keep well mate,
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Deejay Offline OP
Hi to All,
Thanks to one of our ODK members Dave, (vccomm) I now have the Victa 18 Special snorkel and air filter, soon on its way, to complete the restoration. grin

I have also sourced a leaf guard (though not original to the Series 1 Model 5)...I think it will add to the overall look as a coffee table, and become a talking point between aficionados...I will post new pics as soon as it has been installed and completed. wink
cheers

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

HT6 Offline
De-registered
About bloody time! Good on ya dave,I thought id never here the end of it lols. Now fit em up Deejay so I can oooh and ahhh! Well done fellas,I love a happy ending:)

know nothing
should be soon too hahahaha . its on its way as we speak yay

Deejay Offline OP
Hi to All,
After some cleaning, a little TLC and fitting them to the machine, the Victa coffee table is now complete with its leaf guard, snorkel and air filter. Although these parts were not fitted originally to the Model 5 Series 1 machines, they sure look good and are practical for the coffee table, as a long snorkel would be bent and perish at the bend and be a shame because they are getting rarer to find these days. wink

To all who contributed knowledge, parts and enthusiasm...my many, many thanks.... grin

And now for the moment.......TA DAAAHAAA!! rockband
[Linked Image]
More pics to follow. wink
cheers

Deejay Offline OP
Hi to all ODK Members and Guests,
Here are the extra pics as promised.... grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A new clear glass top with etched edging is being made for it...which will make it easier to see the machine through it; rather than the smoked glass it has at present. wink
cheers2

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Ahhhh...Its nice to see the final result! A Spectacular example of history and practical art combined.

Yes,id hesitated to invite myself for coffee...No not because of manners,because my OCD would consume me having to sit at an unfinished coffee table. Baaahaaaahaaa
The best coffee table ive seen thus far....

Now,Since your clearly adept at restoration I think its time your collection got started! And no more my wife will kill me excuses lols.

Time to find you a nice Rotomo to play with as this will be sure to entice you into addiction....lmao

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Mal, and many thanks for your kind comments, and yes, I would definitely like a Victa Model 2a rotomo to play with...
If only..... wink
cheers

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Me too...I still dont have one:( although I do have an engine....Sighs* Ive had an engine for 10 years...lols

Deejay Offline OP
Hi to all ODK Members and Guests,
Now that the project is complete, here's a reminder of what the machine looked like before we started.....
[Linked Image]
And how it finished up....
[Linked Image]

Many, many thanks to Joe Carrol, for sourcing the original machine for me...I hope it has done you proud, mate....
Thanks all for looking...
cheers

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Lmao.....Is that the Scott bonnar Reel behind? No wonder the carpet looks perfectly manicured....

Novice
Deejay

There is an old guy at Yarawonga Victoria that sells Victa 18 parts.

He has brand new replica wheels. the tires were made in same factory that made originals.

Did you get wheels from him?

Last edited by Rexxpro; 11/01/15 08:25 AM.
Deejay Offline OP
Hi Rexxpro,and a warm welcome to the forum. grin
No mate, the wheels (which are no longer available) were sourced through the ODK Online Store in 2011....(with many thanks to Bruce) and the hubcaps from eBay....which were NOS, and absolutely look a treat! grin

I was going to complete the machine in its original 'Avocado' green hammertone as per the original 'working clothes' but my wife stated "I am not having a crappy green mower in my lounge room" so I finished it in 'Midnight Blue' metallic...and now she loves it! lol

As one very wise man once said...."Don't mess with the nest"....I heeded the advice, and now have an unusual coffee table! grin

Once again, :welcome: to OutdoorKing.
cheers2

Novice
WoW! what a magnificent result. Great job. I have one of these or similar gathering dust somewhere, but never even imagined it could look so good. smile

If a man says something in a forest, and no woman is around to hear him... Is he still wrong?
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545