Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (NormK), 309 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Apprentice level 2
Hi Darryl , that colour looks great , now to throw a cat among the pidgeons , do you really have to paint the victa/18 red ? you say the paint has hints of blue and purple .
As this is not a resto back to original , I personally would be tempted to paint it other than red , would look better , IMHO , silver or medium/light blue , or a blueish silver pearl.
One more point to ponder , are you going to paint the lightning bolt ? , it is not normally painted ( a little known fact ) , but maybe it would look nice painted in your situation .
Well young fella , sorry to throw the cat in ,but this might give you something more to think about .
Cheers Al

Last edited by alwil; 16/12/11 01:15 PM.
Membership information
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi Al, you must have been reading my mail...I was just sitting outside (bloody hot here devilchilli ) and thinking to myself...'Do I really have to paint the logos red?' I'm with you all the way and think that light blue or silver would look much better; and as it is for (non-original) display purposes, I might paint the lightning bolt as well, as you suggest!!
Thanks for your kind comments Al, it seems we are on the same wavelength. lol
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Apprentice level 2
Hi Darryl , just noticed one other thing that needs commenting on , one of the handle bar brackets seems to have been drilled as so many were , hope that this is the top one and will not be seen when bars are folded , maybe it should have been nikkied up prior to painting .
Hope I'm not being too picky . Al

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Al, all is good mate, Joe Carroll kindly gave me that second bracket that is not drilled, that's the top one, so you won't see the hole in the lower, as you have said. (there going on backwards, as is the handle badge, so all will look correct, with the handle folded)
Well spotted, Al. wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

Forum Historian
Another tip, one that Jeffrey mentioned to me when he was talking about his table, cut the air hose down, and mount the choke to the lower section (non folding U-bar) of the handle bars.

If you have the full length hose and high mounted choke, the big bent and folded hose ruins the picture.

The part you need for the height adjuster (the U-shaped block) is actually there to help prevent the wheels slipping while running and to help keep it all aligned, I should have one here somewhere you can have.

Cheers
Ty

Deejay Offline OP
You are a double legend Ty, I have been hoping that blumbly would comment, as this is his idea that I have adopted...and what a great idea it is!! lol
I think that Meryn V. Richardson has been looking over my shoulder as I've gone along, everything has gone to plan and I;m so happy to be coming down the home straight. wink
Can't wait to have it all together...but I have to wait patiently until the paint hardens... wink
Cheers Ty.

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Ty, mate I have been through all the stuff I have dismantled from the old girl and can only find one (1) other of the 'U' shaped blocks....I know one disappeared with the grit blasting, it was seized into the base through corrosion, its mate is still seized into the corresponding upper housing, so I may be missing 2...Do you know how many there are supposed to be in a Model 5 Special? I suspect 4, 2 in each of the front and rear smaller housings, is that correct?
cheers2

Deejay Offline OP
***Update***
Have fitted the tank cowling rubbers; fitted the tank and fuel tap, made some screws for the recoil and trial fitted it to the cowl....Put the sticker on the tank as well as the tank cap with the smiley face.... grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks for looking. wink
cheers2

Deejay Offline OP
*** Update***
Well here is "Mervyn" the coffee table,I need to put some paint on the Victa logo, supply and fit the throttle control and cable, cable clips and some fuel line on; the snorkel and air filter and it's all over bar for the axles, which Ty is going to kindly supply for the project....a long day, but all went together exceedingly well. yay

Now for a nice cold Coopers Sparkling Ale!! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hope you enjoy! I can't believe its nearly finished... lol
cheers2

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
looks excellent mate as per our phone conversation!

Deejay Offline OP
Hi to All, Thanks Joe for your kind comments...
Well this morning, I made up a couple of dome-head screws for the side-skirt attachment point ...and the Victa logo is now silver...
[Linked Image]
Thanks for looking,
cheers2

Master Technician
Coming alone well Deejay,not sure about the colour myself,but hey it's a show piece.Now these pieces for the axles you are after.Are they the ones that go inside the adjuster housing under the spring?If they are you will only need 2 of them.I'm only asking as I know Ty will only ask me if I have any.If it's what I'm thinking then I may have some here.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Deejay Offline OP
Hi Jeffrey, If I can ask you, is there only one of the blocks in each of the small housings under the spring and one underneath the axle?....there was one seized in the base on the front right hand side that they removed during blasting.
To tell you the truth I didn't know there was a spring under there...the top housing on mine still has the block seized in... I may need second hand housing and block and spring...
Here's a pic...
[Linked Image]
Pretty stuffed, block seized solid, cracked as well. cry
Top housing is good tho.. grin
cheers2

Forum Historian
I have a box here with 2 small housings, I'll check to make sure the springs are in it.

I have some axles aside for you, I'll make sure to get photo's of them up for you sson, along with the other parts I have here for you.

Cheers
Ty

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Ty, thanks a million, mate...that will complete the project with just the snorkel and throttle to go...can't wait to see it back on its wheels...Joe and I have had a good day...recoil starter all complete and working like a bought one!! lol

The Scotty 45 has a sharpened cylinder reel and bottom blade grind...all re-installed and videoed ready for Joe to edit and upload....you should see it cutting the lawn...just perfect!! grin
Thanks again Ty, can't wait to meet you in Wagga! good1
cheers2

Master Technician
There is only one in each housing.It is very common in seizing up.The way I get them free is to drop the hole thing in old sump oil and leave it for 2 to 3 days.Then with screw driver just to help it out.I have save many that way.Yes there should be a spring,you may find that the one that has seized may have stuffed the spring.It had in 2 of the ones I saved.See how you go.If you need more advice from me just ask.Good luck man.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Apprentice level 2
Deejay, thats bl00dy brilliant!! a fine piece of furniture

Apprentice level 4
I must say it's coming along beautifully. I'm no authority on these, so I'm just sitting back and watching your progress. Awesome. I love that colour scheme.

Deejay Offline OP
Thanks Jeffrey, yeah mate, the one with the block seized in it has cracked the housing and welded itself in there (see previous pics) and is completely stuffed!...but at least the other block, housing and spring are all OK...
Thanks for your advice mate... grin
cheers2

Deejay Offline OP
To Redeye and Greg, thanks for your kind comments, all coming along now nicely...Joe Carroll kindly supplied some rope and rewound and re-assembled the recoil starter yesterday and now it is installed on the machine...A big thankyou to Alwil for supplying the correct rubber pull-handle for it. grin
cheers2

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794