Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
3 members (NormK, MowingManiac, Joe_Carroll), 296 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi to All, The coffee table project is underway at last! grin

Well, have just completed the strip down of the chassis, not as easy as I thought due to some corrosion between the alloy and steel bolts....but with the help of WD40 and plenty of patience, I got there in the end.
Here is a 'before' pic...
[Linked Image]
Here's a few after dis-assembly...
The base in great overall condition, no holes or cracks
[Linked Image]
Below; base, cowling and recoil starter....that needs the 'T' handle
[Linked Image]
Below; axles, exhaust plate and engine with head removed.
[Linked Image]
Worn axles...will need work
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Engine...Light surface rust in bore, no lip, no piston movement or scoring...looks good!! grin
[Linked Image]
Box of assorted parts for cleaning...
[Linked Image]
Below; severe corrosion of left hand front axle clamp...cracking evident and the 'U' moulding is fused inside... frown
[Linked Image]
Well that's it so far....Off to the blasters to get the base, handles, cowling and recoil done... wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Membership information
Deejay Offline OP
Oh....I almost forgot...for Ty's and others Victa Serial Number records...the engine number is: AA14992 with the lower crankcase number: 6.... Victa 125. But....it has been fitted new with an earlier engine. wink
It has some parts left over from the Model 4 Automatic; (axle housing extensions) this makes it a Model 5, Series 1 machine. wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
When I first got it, I couldn't work out why it would only turn over so far before stopping, somehow for whatever reason someone had put a 1/4 inch socket in through the spark plug hole and left it there. the bore was worse than that before, I cleaned it up a little and hosed it down pretty thoroughly with WD 40.

After that, I put it up the back for a good 8 months or so and now Darryl has it!

Deejay Offline OP
Yeah Joe, the bore looks good now Joe, but for now it will be a non-runner....and serve as a coffee table... grin
Di has christened it "Mervyn" lol
cheers2

Master Technician
Maybe you should just have it like my coffee table. Mine doesn't even have a piston in it, as it has a snapped conrod. Also it's not like it needs to mow any lawns at all. Grass doesn't grow inside the house.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Deejay Offline OP
Hi Jeffrey, yes mate you're right there, it will just be a coffee table for now...but it's nice to know that down the track it could be put in working order if needs be...I will lightly lubricate it all thoroughly before I mothball it. wink
cheers2

Master Technician
Yeah I suppose that would be good.I've never had to worry about that as I know my coffee table engine is dead.

Deejay Offline OP
I know what you mean, I have the barrel and head off for cleaning and find that the fly wheel appears almost fused to the shaft....I won't even try to get it off....so it looks like this one is dead as well!! lol
RIP!!
Anyone for coffee?? rockon
cheers2

Junior Technician
If in doubt get a bigger hammer. lol

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
I have a puller made for it wink I will call you and come over for a few drinkies in the next week or so and get R done laugh

Apprentice level 2
Hi Deejay , don't give up on the flywheel , they come off easy with a puller , just put a few drops of Penetrene on the thread and let soak 'til Joe comes over, sometimes they come off with a bit of leverage (screwdrivers) on each side.

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Joe, you are a legend...looking forward to that!!
party
cheers2

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Alan, thanks mate for that....I have got it soaking with WD40, did that yesterday....I haven't got Penetrene...will WD do the same job? The engine has quite a bit of built up crud around it...if I can get it all apart, I think it will make cleaning a lot easier.

BTW....there is a PM there for you. wink
cheers2

Forum Historian
I tend to find penetrene much more effective than WD, but it can be tricky to find stockists.

Theres one mob I found in Canberra with it, If you like, when I do this VIC trip soon, i can stop by and visit on the return, and give you a can you can try out for yourself.

You could call it a Christmas present grin

Cheers
Ty

Pushrod Honda preferrer
You can get Penetrene from Repco. There may be other chains that sell it. (I like it too, but I resent the price.)

Forum Historian
I did not realise repco had it, do they sell the liquid packs, or just the aerosol cans.

I find the liquid packs more cost effective, you just need to get a decent refillable spray bottle.

Cheers
Ty

Pushrod Honda preferrer
I've only ever used liquid packs, Ty. That's what I've bought from Repco.

Master Technician
Sorry I wouldn't buy anything from Repco to [Censored] expensive.After all we all know what Repco stands for.Don't ask if you don't know I wouldn't be able to type it on here,it does contain some strong language.

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Ty, and thanks for the offer mate. I have got it soaking with a 3 in one oil....I states that it oils, cleans and penetrates...I won't attempt to remove the flywheel till Joe arrives with the puller....
If you can grab me some Penetrene, just let me know and I'll send you some cash by direct debit...
Thanks again Ty...
cheers2

Deejay Offline OP
Just an update... I just scored some hubcaps and a fuel tank sticker from fleaBay, just saving some pennies for some wheels for it, from the online store.... wink
cheers2

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794