Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MarkusB, bigted), 2,989 guests, and 498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,291
Likes: 4
Master Technician
***
Yes I have decided that I'm just going to clean it up hone the bore put new rings it.After all it's days of mowing the lawn (With me) are over.Just so long as it doesn't blow heaps of smoke.As it will be run every so often.


Here for a good time,not a long time.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,291
Likes: 4
Master Technician
***
Hi all whilst I was recovering at home after my operation.I decided it was time I got my finger out of my bum and finally get my purple VC-Sports running.The actual mower in the pictures above became a donor mower for parts from another purple VC-Sports,that Ty Davis gave to me before leaving Canberra (Thank you Ty for your gift with this mower).
This gift one had a much better un-broken base.I did rebuild (Not new) the original motor from the first mower,so I have an original spare.However I wanted to see if I could save this motor.
I could here:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Rings were showing a little wear but not worth replacing.Other than that the motor was in quite good condition.I honed the bore and cleaned everything.After putting it back together it turned over quite freely and with no noise.Awesome I thought.
This was not a restore (At this stage),it was just a clean and get running.
I will restore it for sure just not yet.
So I then returned the engine back onto it's clean base.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here she is monents before the first start.
[Linked Image]
There is a crack down this side of the catcher. Unfortunately somebody put a piece of alloy over the crack.That will make it a bit harder to repair.Thank you to Rodeobob for saving the catcher.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I have put a video of it up on YouTube if anybody wanted to have a look.

Purple VC Sports First Start

It did blow a little bit of smoke when it started but when I put the motor together I know I used a little to much oil on the inside.Also I couldn't get it to rev right as the accelerator cable has a bend in it.I have since replaced the cable.
I forgot how many photos I can put up in one post.
I hope I didn't over do it.
Does anybody else have one of these purple ones?
Just like to know how many are still out there.


Here for a good time,not a long time.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1