Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (aitchey), 4,150 guests, and 1,699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 760
Likes: 4
Senior Contributor
Hi, Several years later and I am still chasing a paper template for the belt guard for the Rover Heavy Duty slasher mower. I've tried to make one myself but can't weld and it does my head in trying to nut out the design from the parts illustration. They were a unique design as they had to cover both the drive belt on the side and the long quarter twist to the blade disc. Nothing would beat an original. All I need are precise measurements or better still a paper template or stencil. Also I am wanting to keep the machine as authentic as possible, so re-designing something myself just won't look right. Once I have a template of the original I can put together the metal and take it to a welder nearby to make up. Must be some hanging up in sheds somewhere, as people tended to remove them if they had a worn out belt that kept flying off. I have never seen a complete belt guard. One day, I live in hope!

Attachments
rover_guard.jpg (60.54 KB, 33 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I see it all the time, people remove these guards and can't be bothered putting the guard back on. I often see Deutschers for sale with the guard missing, why??

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by vint_mow
Hi, Several years later and I am still chasing a paper template for the belt guard for the Rover Heavy Duty slasher mower. I've tried to make one myself but can't weld and it does my head in trying to nut out the design from the parts illustration. They were a unique design as they had to cover both the drive belt on the side and the long quarter twist to the blade disc. Nothing would beat an original. All I need are precise measurements or better still a paper template or stencil. Also I am wanting to keep the machine as authentic as possible, so re-designing something myself just won't look right. Once I have a template of the original I can put together the metal and take it to a welder nearby to make up. Must be some hanging up in sheds somewhere, as people tended to remove them if they had a worn out belt that kept flying off. I have never seen a complete belt guard. One day, I live in hope!

Below is a parts list for the Rover Slasher model 25 which might be of some assistance.

Attachments
Rover Slasher 25.pdf (264.37 KB, 1 downloads)
Rover Self Propelled Slasher model 25
Last edited by Bruce; 06/02/25 08:31 AM.

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 760
Likes: 4
Senior Contributor
Thanks Bruce, I already have that but I really need to see the other side of the box.

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 760
Likes: 4
Senior Contributor
I decided to make my own by forming it with some light weldmesh, then got a local engineer to spot weld it together for me. I wove strips of ArmaKit Galvanised fixing band into the weldmesh so that a galvanized skin could be pop riveted around the mesh. It might not look the best but it does the job.


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1