Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,189 guests, and 1,713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 419
Likes: 36
2-stroke mower addict!
So I decided about a week ago that it was going to be to expensive and hard to find parts to do a model 2 rotomo restoration for myself and put the idea to bed.

In the last few days a model 2 or 2A engine went up on ebay, I stopped bidding at $435, it has 4 or 5 days left and I screen shot the price and sent it to a few people saying wow basically. I had 1 of these people say I wish I could sell my model 2 stuff for that much. Then he said "I would sell my model 2 running and mostly there". I straight away said I'll pay $250. So all of a sudden I now have a model 2 engine being rebuilt for me and I already have the fuel tank and the metal fuel cap, the model 2 carby and throttle, I have 3 exhausts and hopefully 1 is the right one, I have the right choke and air hose and I have the axels too. The only 2 parts I need now are the base and the tin wheels. I have everything else.

Attachments
received_249390140214849.jpeg (226.38 KB, 74 downloads)
received_264789345208282.jpeg (206.46 KB, 73 downloads)
Screenshot_20210820-192832_eBay.jpg (70.25 KB, 74 downloads)
Screenshot_20210813-131613_eBay.jpg (25.82 KB, 73 downloads)
20210817_192455.jpg (181.75 KB, 73 downloads)
20210817_192505.jpg (111.31 KB, 73 downloads)
20210817_192515.jpg (142.99 KB, 73 downloads)
Screenshot_20210820-110249_eBay.jpg (108.17 KB, 73 downloads)
Screenshot_20210820-110256_eBay.jpg (45.86 KB, 73 downloads)
Last edited by Seanoss; 20/08/21 09:57 PM.
Portal Box 6
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 419
Likes: 36
2-stroke mower addict!
Some headway when it comes to getting all of the part's for what now is going to be 3 Model 2 Rotomo's. 1 earlier tin wheel Model, 1 later model with plastic wheels and one that's basically correct but original patina that I will have basically all original to the serial number but to use from time to time to mow my lawns with. I do now have 4 Model 2 engines but because they were cheap and came with all of the running gear, the exhausts, carbys, throttle controller, cowl and starter pully.

I have just bought a badly put together model 2 with some much later plastic wheels on it, also had some welding done on it and a few other things that aren't original Model 2 like the pully. But it was $125 and it has a Model 1 barrel, tin wheel axles, it runs, and a few other positives that make it well worth the money spent because it's only a 45 minute drive to go and pick it up. Other stuff I've picked up include:
- 1 Set ​of excellent condition original plastic wheels
- 1 Model 2 badge
- 1 Model 2 top hat starter pully
- 2 Cigar fuel taps
- 2 More Model 2 engines with the above mentioned extras
The serial numbers of my engines are 48894, 57983, 79998 and 85651

I have also come across a good source for reasonably priced parts for my early model restoration projects. I'm not going to post pictures of anything I get through them until I have it but it's fair to say I won't have to pay crazy ebay prices any more![Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Attachments
received_317037683137811.jpeg (6.16 KB, 53 downloads)
received_172807988383379.jpeg (54.23 KB, 53 downloads)
Screenshot_20211026-231818_eBay.jpg (116.61 KB, 53 downloads)
Screenshot_20211026-231929_eBay.jpg (227.44 KB, 52 downloads)
20211103_222517.jpg (277.3 KB, 52 downloads)
received_257174796375307.jpeg (86.2 KB, 37 downloads)
20211017_195528 (1).jpg (221.24 KB, 37 downloads)
Screenshot_20211103-020706_eBay.jpg (53.1 KB, 37 downloads)
20211028_000720.jpg (146.58 KB, 37 downloads)
20211017_195528.jpg (25.49 KB, 37 downloads)
Last edited by Seanoss; 04/11/21 12:37 AM.
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 419
Likes: 36
2-stroke mower addict!
Here are a few pictures of the ebay Model 2.

Attachments
received_619710746129989.jpeg (171.49 KB, 38 downloads)
received_592852761861193.jpeg (87.75 KB, 38 downloads)
received_936713330386075.jpeg (74.27 KB, 38 downloads)
received_236149838507318.jpeg (43.94 KB, 38 downloads)
PART_1635921348505.jpeg (57.57 KB, 38 downloads)
PART_1635921316980.jpeg (47.88 KB, 38 downloads)
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 419
Likes: 36
2-stroke mower addict!
Brought her home today and did some very very quick mock up pictures of it with plastic wheels before I put it away.

Yes there is plenty wrong in these pictures, thus the comment "Mock-up"

Attachments
received_645670906458364.jpeg (53.16 KB, 28 downloads)
received_264632568942857.jpeg (65.51 KB, 27 downloads)
received_1087705405399090.jpeg (32.3 KB, 28 downloads)
received_863014111246599.jpeg (28.44 KB, 28 downloads)

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1