Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3,923 guests, and 2,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#112676 22/08/21 06:58 AM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
It's a nice sturdy little mower..Briggs and Stratton 125cc motor, made in USA.
It has one of those new plastic carbs on. I need to chek that out...
I mowed the lawn, but it did an oil dump....
It will be a challange.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/qpjRVEddpcY/edit

cheers speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
That should be


speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I would have shut that down immediately hearing that noise. It sounds like the piston crown is striking a valve and someone put in two stroke fuel by mistake.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
How could 2 stroke make piston strike valve...?


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by speedy
How could 2 stroke make piston strike valve...?
I meant two separate issues. Two stroke mix might be the cause of the smoking.
.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Best of luck speedy, I think its just another B&S OHV engine that has managed to grenade itself in record time. Smoke coming out the breather is not a good sign for them.

Hard to tell by the video, but I am guessing it smoked away all its oil previously and that is rod knock?

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
Ultralite 125 cc
I took the carb off and cleaned it. The new black plastic type. You have to preise out the white plastic pieces and the take them apart. Some dirt inside...... flushed tank. cleaned flywheel. I like to use degreaser and compressed air, so you can try to fix a clean engine.
Topped up oil and sharpened blades....
It started easy, and revved ok. I mowed some of back lawn, it did blow a bit of smoke out of carb but most out of exhaust. A little noise. I think it has a broken ring....... the guy had 5 years out of it, so I'm just going to mow the lawn and see how long it lasts.........
I'd like to put a full crank Victa 160 on it if it would fit as I have a couple laying around.
I would not spend money on rings etc etc.... see how long a disposable engine lasts....
cheers
speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
At least you won't get any mosquitoes.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1