Morning

Thought I would share my current project, I am building/rebuilding a HD8!
I say building as I am making 1 out of 2 that I have found, plus the engine I found at a scrap metal Yard (for scrap value $12!!)

So I found 1 frame almost complete (didn't photograph) had no bonnet, steering wheel was wrong and had been oddly modified to left pedal drive (it was weird) anyhow, never really did anything with it. Along came #2 with all panels but no deck and a little tecumseh motor. I think someone had done it up as a buggy of sorts, had the wrong wheels too. But the frame, panels and steering bits were good. however the front end was completely seized; wheels kingpins the lot! (Oxy/acetelyene made short work of it though)

After it siting in a corner for about a year I had the motivation to do something with it, so I stripped it down. The frame was pretty well painted, but the wrong colour! So I cheated and got it blasted, will be throwing some yellow on it today.

I noticed when I pulled the rear wheels off they are Cox! How could anyone put that rubbish on a Greenfield!! Lucky #1 that I got had a good set of rims/tyres.

I pulled the engine down as it was lacking compression, turns out it was just a carbon buildup, it would seem to have come from some worn rings and a very blocked crankcase breather, otherwise it even had spark! I will source a ringset and rebuild the little gem.

The only thing I am missing is the tool box that goes under the bonnet - if anyone has one please contact me! Also Decals, has anyone had some done? I see silensmessor on ebay has the early green ones, not the later red ones for this version