Home
Posted By: Tassie Dan Atom Mofast - 17/01/24 04:37 AM
G'day all

I am looking for a starter pulley and the plastic grill surrounding it for my Atom Mofast 15".
Apart from these and the throttle cable the mower looks complete.
Does have a damaged pulley.

I would like to get it running again ( stuck solid at present so that is a challenge ).

Any help with these parts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tassie Dan
Posted By: Bruce Re: Atom Mofast - 17/01/24 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Tassie Dan
G'day all

I am looking for a starter pulley and the plastic grill surrounding it for my Atom Mofast 15".
Apart from these and the throttle cable the mower looks complete.
Does have a damaged pulley.

I would like to get it running again ( stuck solid at present so that is a challenge ).

Any help with these parts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tassie Dan

Can you supply some images as that could help.
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Atom Mofast - 17/01/24 06:07 AM
G'day Dan and Bruce,

I've seen parts and mowers come up on eBay but it's a waiting game as they don't come up often.

If I wanted to repair the mower quickly ,I'd get the pulley welded and if the motor is rusted solid ,I'd put the barrel and piston in
a bucket of white vinegar for a couple weeks.

Cheers
Max.
Posted By: Tassie Dan Re: Atom Mofast - 18/01/24 09:38 AM
G'day Bruce

I am having trouble getting photos to go for some reason. That's why I did not send them with the post. I will have another go.

Cheers
Dan
Posted By: Tassie Dan Re: Atom Mofast - 18/01/24 09:40 AM
G'day Max

Thank you for the reply. The pulley also seems to be plastic as is the surrounding grill.
I will have another look at it but at first glance it looked plastic ( is pretty dirty so I will check it tomorrow ).

Cheers
Dan
Posted By: Tassie Dan Re: Atom Mofast - 19/01/24 05:28 AM
I will get a better photo when I get to where the mower is.

Attached picture 419363474_1251353532450363_4593896803294407866_n.jpg
Posted By: Tassie Dan Re: Atom Mofast - 20/01/24 06:10 AM
This is a better picture of the Atom. The pulley and surround are both very hard plastic.

First time I have seen a plastic pulley on a mower. I would not even expect to see that on a Chinese machine.

I guess it's a matter of finding an Atom being stripped for parts. This part probably gets damaged before others though.

Cheers
Dan

Attached picture 0.jpg
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Atom Mofast - 20/01/24 07:26 AM
Hi Dan,

If you're not worried about having an original starter pulley you may be able to fit a metal pulley from another motor ,I'm
not sure if a repair would be strong enough without trying it , but it would need painting black to hide the repair.

Another option is to look for an old outboard motor and you could use a recoil starter.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture Vintage Briggs & Stratton Model 8 1966.png
Attached picture DynaGrip QuikSteel Plastic Repair - 56g   SCA.jpg
Attached picture Waterboy (ATOM Waterboy).png
Posted By: Tassie Dan Re: Atom Mofast - 21/01/24 07:20 AM
G'day Max

Thank you for the input. I will be looking for a suitable part as you suggested..

Cheers
Dan
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum