Home
Posted By: Jeff1ab Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 01/04/23 03:10 AM
Hi I have basically no spark from my austral villers magneto reel mower so thinking i need to remove flywheel to check clean contact points gaps. New to these mowers. Can i do this whilst it’s in the frame or do i need to remove the whole engine which might be a pain. Thanks
Posted By: NormK Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 01/04/23 09:16 AM
Hi Jeff, Welcome here, Could also be the coil but to avoid pulling the flywheel to check the condenser and points you could fit a module. I think that should work on the Villiers
Posted By: Jeff1ab Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 01/04/23 09:46 PM
thanks. hadn’t thought that
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 02/04/23 04:44 AM
G'day Jeff and Norm,

It depends how much room is between the flywheel and the side of the mower frame as to if the motor needs
removing to get the flywheel off, either way shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm not sure if a module will work on this coil as I haven't tried it before but there isn't a lot of room even to get to the wires
so the flywheel may need to be removed.

Here is brochure that shows setting the points https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/103048/austral-villiers-power-reel-mowers-c1955.html

Because this is in Events - Past & Present I can't upload a pic of the flywheel and coil also link won't work you would have to copy and
paste into the address bar.

Cheers
Max.
Posted By: NormK Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 02/04/23 08:51 AM
Hi Max, did these have a kill switch wire or did they just have a metal strap to earth the plug out?
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 02/04/23 11:42 AM
Hi Norm, No kill switch and doesn't earth the plug , just uses the throttle cable controller to bottom out the slide in the carby to shut the motor off. Cheers Max.
Posted By: NormK Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 03/04/23 01:15 AM
Thanks Max, So looks like Jeff has to pull the flywheel regardless of which way he has to go but fitting a module may save him from having to find points and a condenser to fit.
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Austral Villiers Flywheel Removal - 03/04/23 08:31 AM
Yes Norm ,assuming it's the Villiers mark 2 with the brass flywheel , or he can file the points and gap them. Cheers Max.
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum