Home
Just joined the forum after buying a non-working Ransomes 16 inch reel mower. Not sure of the model, but looks like a Victa Imperial with a tacumseh engine.
Cleaned the carb, added fuel and started on second pull.... happy.
I have a few questions.
Is there ae manual for this model?
There are no chain tensioners and seemingly no means of adding any - am I missing something here?
The fuel line seems like a bodge job - surely it should not be hanging freely like that?
I need a couple of spares - any thoughts on the bolt etc to attach the chain cover and a hinge flap for the grass defelector plate?
Finally, it did cut the grass, but the land roller drives really quickly - exceptionally brisk walk - is it just a case of turning the throttle down, or are you meant to run at full throttle and try to catch up with it !

Many thanks for any information you can provide

Attached picture Fuel tank and serial.jpg
Attached picture Catcher.jpg
Attached picture Engine.jpg
Attached picture Fuel Line.jpg
Attached picture Full Side image.jpg
Attached picture Handle Bracket.jpg
Attached picture Gearbox no tensioners.jpg
Attached picture Reel and front roller.jpg
Hi Stephen,
Welcome to the site, there are some really top guys here, they have never let me down. I have a similar problem except I know even less than you. Never had a reel mower before and just picked up a Victa, I had a bit of luck with the motor, Victa 2 stroke Mark II 125, cleaned the fuel tank and carby and started second pull. For me that's where it stops, also mowed the lawn running behind it, I only have a small lawn about 8 x 6 by the time you catch up with it after the first turn its time to turn again. I don't know if the reel part is Victa or something that Victa put their name on.
I will try to find some info on the bottom part and if I have any luck I will post it back here.
Regards Byomarimba

Description: Victa 2 Stroke Reel Mower with Victa 125 Mark II motor
Attached picture 20231107_151152.jpg
Attached picture 20231107_151218.jpg
Attached picture 20231107_151205.jpg
Attached picture 20231107_151232.jpg
Hi Stephen,
Found a lot of information here:

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=72729

Not what I wanted but may be useful to you. All I want to know at this time is where do I grease it and how do I slow it down. Sharpening and height adjustment would be handy as well. What I would expect in a basic owner's manual. I will keep looking before I get the spanners out as they are going to be BSW or Whitworth.

I did notice a bit of discussion about rust removal from the tank, my tank is plastic but the attached is the best way I have found for removing rust from iron. Careful if you want to save labels or plates.

Regards Byomarimba

Description: Rust Removal
Attached File
Rust Removal.pdf  (0 downloads)
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum