Home
Posted By: NormK Mac 310 - 24/01/20 02:04 AM

A bloke dropped this of a couple of weeks ago, he picked it up off hard rubbish and wondered if I could see if it would work. Pull start cord broken and I couldn't find my corded drill with reverse to see if it would start. Found the drill this morning and the saw fired up after a few revolutions. Put a new cord in the pull start and it starts very easily. I guess if somebody had taken it to a mower shop they would have been told to take it away or be quoted a big figure to repair it and the problem then is you can pick up a new saw on ebay for around the $100, so I guess you just put it out on hard rubbish

Attached picture 2006-04-23 12.17.35.jpg
Posted By: AVB Re: Mac 310 - 24/01/20 08:17 PM
You're okay as long you got a complete saw. Many of the McCulloch parts are not available due to the business being out of business. I still repair them if fuel related or as in your case recoil problems. I had a MacCat and a Wildcat that I keep running a long after the oil pumps failed. Finally worn them out. No telling how many cords of firewood I cut with them.
Posted By: NormK Re: Mac 310 - 24/01/20 08:30 PM

Not sure what to do with it now, I told the bloke I doubted I could get the bits to fix it. I fixed his other saw and he went away happy so this will end up sitting here for a long time gathering dust. I am amazed at how easily it starts and runs.
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum