Home
Posted By: wce Robin EC10 - 25/10/20 11:21 AM
Good evening all

Picked up this unit, i suspect is South African ? Looks to be a super sturdy build, thick pressed steel base and the Robin 2 stroke with oil sump engine with the twin air intake filtration system indicates to me it was for contractors or very keen home gardeners. The 2 stroke with oil sump is new to me so any information is appreciated.

Cheers
wce

Attached picture DSCN2264 (640x480).jpg
Attached picture DSCN2265 (640x480).jpg
Posted By: Tyler Re: Robin EC10 - 25/10/20 11:35 AM
Hi wce

Some of the really heavy duty Japanese engines came with the separate oil sump - supplying the highly loaded bottom bearing with a constant oil bath. Change as per 4st, think its about 150ml of SAE30. Yamaha did this as well

You are probably right about south africa
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 20/06/21 08:48 AM
G'day wce ,Tyler and all,

The only mower from overseas that looks like it uses similar sides to your mower wce (basic shape of the sides) that
I have seen is a Golden Star mower from Japan.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture $$$$ Golden Star Japan.jpg
Posted By: Bruce Re: Robin EC10 - 21/06/21 12:33 AM
Hi wce,

I have attached a parts list for EC10 below.

Description: EC10 Robin Parts List
Attached File
ec10_EP5662.pdf  (3 downloads)
Posted By: wce Re: Robin EC10 - 21/06/21 03:46 AM
Hi Bruce

Many thanks

wce
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 21/06/21 02:09 PM
Hi wce ,Tyler and Bruce

Just had a look at a few mowers from South Africa and saw an Apollo Warrior mower.

The Apollo Warrior looks to be the same base as the mower at the top of this page.

Hmm also saw a Victa 24 with a Robin motor.

Cheers
Max

Attached picture $ Warrior.png
Attached picture $ Warrior 1.png
Attached picture $ Victa 24 Robin.png
Posted By: wce Re: Robin EC10 - 23/06/21 04:42 AM
Hi Max and all

Yes, does look very similar, mine has a Stallion sticker on the front of the base. That Victa 24 would be a weapon with that engine.
Haven't had mine running yet, has a weak spark, cleaned the points a couple of times which didn't help so put a module on it which didn't fix it either, have to test the coil when I get back to it one day.

Cheers
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 30/04/22 04:26 AM
Hi all

The Mower at the start of this thread, possibly a Tandem mower from South Africa.

The way the handle bars lock in with the two springs is like sixties and early seventies Victa mowers
and they mention they've made mowers since 1974.

Also their new utility is looking very Victa inspired .

Another possibility is a Wolf Garden mower as the tread pattern on the tyres reminds me of Wolf Garden
and have found out they were supplying mowers to South Africa since 1969 .

I'd think the closest match is Wolf Garden as the yellow mower image is the closest one I've found that
matches the mower at the top of this thread and wheels on the yellow mower are Wolf Garden.

Also I know Wolf garden copied Victa handle bar design.

Cheers
Max

Attached picture $ a a TANDEM Lawn Industries Company Profile.png
Attached picture $ a a TANDEM Lawn Industries Built to last.png
Attached picture $ a a  the new WOLF in SA.png
Attached picture $ a aWOLF-Garten.png
Attached picture $ a a-Warrior.png
Posted By: Mowerfreak Re: Robin EC10 - 30/04/22 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tyler
Hi wce

Some of the really heavy duty Japanese engines came with the separate oil sump - supplying the highly loaded bottom bearing with a constant oil bath. Change as per 4st, think its about 150ml of SAE30. Yamaha did this as well

You are probably right about south africa
So it's complimentary to the oil already coming via the fuel?
The 2 stroke oil must be left to oil the less stressed components like the piston and it's pivot points.
I wonder does the 2 stroke oil end up in the oil sump and mixing with the oil in there?
It must use a very lean ratio in the fuel.
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 30/04/22 05:16 AM
Yes it's a separately sealed space to hold oil for the crank bearing but the oil can't leak out anywhere.

For the first 10 hours of running time, the fuel-oil mix must be 20 to 1. After 10 hours of running time, the mix must be 50 to 1

Cheers
Max.
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 12/04/24 07:37 AM
Hi all, just had another quick look online for this mower in South Africa .

The mowers I've found with the same base and handle bars have a sticker that says H J Jeppesen and Company (Pty) Ltd.(South Africa)

All I could find was H J Jeppesen and Company (Pty) Ltd started in 1965 and closed at some time.

There was a steel and alloy base with H J Jeppesen and Company (Pty) Ltd on the back that look very similar.

I know Tandem Lawn Industries (South Africa) was founded in 1990 and make mowers for Wolf Garden so that would explain why I've seen the same wheels on different makes of mowers.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture H J Jeppesen and Company 1.jpg
Attached picture H J Jeppesen and Company South Africa.jpg
Attached picture H J Jeppesen and Company.jpg
Attached picture $-Warrior H J Jeppesen and Company.png
Attached picture H J JEPPESEN AND COMPANY - M1965002531 - South Africa.png
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Robin EC10 - 13/04/24 08:44 AM
I know that the base and handle that is the same as the mower at the top of this thread has a sticker that says H J Jeppesen and Company (Pty) Ltd, which started in 1965 so the only mower company I've found in SA that started in 1965 was the Professional mower group and
from what I've seen the Professional mowers are using the same handle bars as the mower wce uploaded here and they also use
the same graphic stripe on later mowers that's also on the yellow electric mower above that has the correct base.

So it looks to me that this mower from WCE is a Professional mower and that explains the commercial quality made height adjuster.

Professional also made reel mowers see below.

The last image is from Tandem mowers as I mentioned two time lines on this thread for those mowers.

Double left click on document that says About Us to expand for reading.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture 1 Pro.jpg
Attached picture 2 Professional Petrol Hi-Vac Rotary Lawn Mower - Operator Instructions.png
Attached picture 3 Rolux & Professional Outdoor Products GSR Outdoor.png
Attached picture 4 Pro About Us.png
Attached picture 5 Untitled.jpg
Attached picture ABOUT Tandem.png
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum