Hi all
I stumbled across this in my neighborhood today

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Precision Mowers was a mower shop in a neighbouring suburb that served the community up until a couple of years ago. I am very excited to have found a mower that appears to have been manufactured by them many years ago. Hoping lovers of Santa Ana can appreciate what a find like this means to this lawn nut......one mans trash and at a time of the year when just looking out forlornly at the dormant lawn is about as inspirational as it gets
Joe
Hello Hatemondays

This is fantastic news you provide!
Precision should be remembered!!

This machine is in great condition and your images really help
the record on them. Thank you!

The tank decal is in such great condition.
Of particular note is the wheel casting.
Precision must have been buying sufficient Qualcast stock to
warrant this.

I have part-told the Precision story here:-
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/83251/PRECISION_-_c1950s_-_A_Hybrid_.html

Many thanks for adding to the record of this little Aussie mower maker.

------------------
Jack
Hi Cyberjack
As you can see the chain is missing from the drive but the great news is the seemingly original pull start rip cord was placed out on the nature strip along with the mower. I am already very mindful of how delicate the decals, paintwork and general condition of the mower currently sits. Would love to clean it up but am fearful of doing damage to history.
The rubber spark plug boot is all but melted away so am very hesitant to do anything more than lightly brush away dust that hasn't stuck to parts.
Photos are low res phone images but am more than happy to take as many and from all angles in high res for the purpose of record if you wish. let me know
Joe
I take it there is a centrifugal clutch on the drive? You would have to be really sure you didn't have the throttle wide open when starting it as it doesn't appear to have much in the way of safeguards. Looks like a really cool machine.
Hey Joe,

An old thread but just wondering if you ever tidied this mower up and got it working?

And if you ever decide to sell please let me know as our family lived just a few doors down from Precision so would be great to own this piece of history. Cheers
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum