Home
Posted By: Kye Turnbull Lockyer Swap Meet - 18/05/16 08:52 PM
Hi everyone!
This Sunday (22/05/2016) I will be at the Lockyer Swap Meet at the Laidley show grounds.
I will be selling lots of mowers and parts, if you need anything and you are in the area come check it out.

[Linked Image]

Some, but not all, of the larger stuff I am taking.

[Linked Image]

Hope to see some of yous there!
Posted By: slashnburn Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 19/05/16 12:43 PM
Good luck Kye. It's a bit far away for me but hope you move on your surplus. I'm looking forward to the pics you'll be posting of your new toys Sunday night.
Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 19/05/16 04:31 PM
Cheers Slash! I wonder what I will find lol!
Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 06:32 PM
well.... no mowers.

[Linked Image]

At least I sold alot.
Posted By: slashnburn Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 07:01 PM
Some nice finds there mate. I hope that's your anvil not your old mans. Does it have a hard face? Mine's just cast. What's the grill for?
Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 07:09 PM
The anvil is my dads Slash, we have looked at anvils for ages and finally decided to buy one. I'm not sure what kind it is, I haven't had a good look at it.
The grill is a home made one, someone welded all the little bars one by one, it will look good in a bar!

or as you say it

This
Is going straight to the pool room!
Posted By: slashnburn Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 07:17 PM
Mate, you must have so much rusty gold there can't be enough room in the pool room for the pool table!
Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 08:02 PM
We still need to build the pool room! our "computer room" is slowly becoming the shelves filled with oil and fuel cans room.
Posted By: Frank77 Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 09:09 PM
I can't believe what they want on ebay for old petrol tins, I started collecting them 10 years ago to use at work when I had a modern tin rust out and leak on me. I glean them from sidewalk cleanups mostly and the odd garage sale. I just toss some fuel/oil in them and stash them away for the future. The round ones I use for straight petrol and the little 4L square ones for 2-Stroke, that saves confusion.

Sorry I missed the swap meet, would have been a good excuse to take a ride up the Brisbane valley. Not that a biker needs an excuse but it's always better that way.

Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 09:21 PM
It was a decent swap meet, much better then the last one I went to.

The best way to find cheap oil or fuel cans is to find old blokes who have them sitting in there shed, you get some bargains!
Posted By: CyberJack Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 22/05/16 09:26 PM
Kye, I can't believe you came home without a lawnmower!

That Atlantic sign is huge!
I bet some trendy seafood restaurant [named 'Atlantic'] would pay a
handsome price to have that one above the salad bar.

-------------------
Jack

Posted By: Kye Turnbull Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 23/05/16 07:01 AM
There was only a couple other mowers there, all were to dear except for a few which someone beat me too. At least I got a Rover fuel can, $5, nice and cheap!

I did come home with 3 mowers, its just I also left with them. No one wants to buy my Rovers!!!

A similar Atlantic sign just sold for $10 000 at the Cowra auction, and another for $8000. We want to sell this one for a bit (no where as much as Cowra) and buy his other sign, an old Mobil. We also got the first half of the sign with it but its rusted, we might keep that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if that fancy restaurant thought it was too rusty....
Posted By: slashnburn Re: Lockyer Swap Meet - 23/05/16 08:15 AM
Not rusty.....Rustic!
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum