Home
Posted By: NormK Victa 24 hubcaps - 18/04/24 04:19 AM
I am looking for Victa 24 rear wheel hubcaps if anybody knows a source. At the moment I'm thinking I will have to send one to my Son in NZ and see if he can 3D print me some. Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated. The reason I like using the caps is because they help hold the circlip in, not so concerned about keeping dust out of the bushes.
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Victa 24 hubcaps - 19/04/24 11:09 AM
Hi Norm,

I couldn't find anyone selling these hubcaps online but shouldn't be too difficult to machine some up on the lathe out of teak or
use a plastic chopping board to machine them out of.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture 1Craft wood timber boards. Pacific Teak. 500mm x 85mm x 19mm eBay.png
Attached picture 1Plastic Chopping Boards Cutting Board 25 X 15CM White ChoppingBoard eBay.png
Posted By: NormK Re: Victa 24 hubcaps - 19/04/24 10:31 PM
Hi Max,
At this stage my Son in NZ is going to 3D print me some. They are not going to be the big ones like the original but a small one that just clips over the circlip to prevent the circlip from coming off. His only concern is how much the cap needs to expand when it is hammered over the clip. Will see how they go
Posted By: maxwestern Re: Victa 24 hubcaps - 20/04/24 12:02 AM
G'day Norm,

There are a few ways to make caps ,3D printing will be the easiest if you have someone to make them.

I think if I was only using the caps to hold the circlips on I'd just buy the circlips that won't fall off.

Cheers
Max.

Attached picture A circlips 1.jpg
© OutdoorKing Repair Forum